Wednesday 20 October 2010

An Intruder!

My little visitor!
I got up late this morning (after my very late night last night) and went to my kitchen to make breakfast.  Now anyone who knows me knows that I am not the best first thing in the morning, I need at least an hour to be compus mentus and sociable.  I opened the kitchen door, my dogs skipping at my heels keen for their breakfast.  Suddenly a very small, dark "thing"shot past me and disappeared into a corner of the kitchen.  I leapt back - suddenly awake - my boys looked up at me, and brave dogs that they are, shrunk back into the living room.  I peeped into the kitchen again and the flying intruder shot past me again.  What was it? My first thought was a bat as it was so quick, dark and small.  I plucked up the courage and went fully into the kitchen, and I saw a tiny, scared blue tit perched on the fridge.  It set off flying round in terror, I closed the door to keep it in there and tried to catch it with a towel, but to no avail.  So I moved the plants off the windowsill, pulled up the blind and opened the window.  It wasn't a big opening, but the little bird shot out to freedom in seconds. 

The mystery is, how on earth did it get into my kitchen?  It was not there the previous night and the window was closed, in fact no window in my home was open, it had been a cold night.  So I have absolutely no idea how it got in, weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment