Sunday 15 July 2012

Go Away Mr Jet Stream.


Here in Cumbria we've had a three day respite from the almost constant rain of the last few weeks and it's been lovely! Though I know other parts of the country have no been as lucky.  Here suddenly people are in their bright summer clothes once more and my dog Max doesn't shrink back in horror at the rain when I open the front door!

I know our islands are known for being rainy but this "summer" has been exceptionally wet and this level of rain is not normal even for us, June was the wettest on record.  Apparently this is all due to the fact that the Jet Stream has moved position.  I won't go into it all here, but if you are a bit of a geek like me and like to know about such things, you can read all about it here.

I just hope the Jet Stream moves back to it's normal position soon so we can get a bit of a summer!  Meanwhile I had to smile at the cartoon to the left, it's good job we have a good sense of humour in these islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment