Sunday 5 August 2012

High Head Twilight Spa


Had a lovely evening at High Head Spa the other night.  I've always love High Head Sculpture Valley. It's situated in a working farm near Ivegill in Cumbria.  There is a tea room that serves fab homemade food, a gallery, shop, a lovely walk in the valley dotted with lovely sculptures made by the farmer who own the site Jonathan stamper. There are also holiday  homes and a spa, set amongst beautiful countryside with a view towards the mountains of the Cumbrian lakes.

This evening my friend Kath, Tania and I went to sample the Twilight Spa at High Head. It is located in a large wooden cabin behind the farm. We arrived at 5pm and after changing and filling in a form went into the room that contained the hot tub and relaxed in it for a while. After that we went outside and lay on the loungers on the decking. Amazingly it was a warm and sunny evening and all we could hear was the birds singing and odd "moo" from cows in the nearby fields.  Kath and Tania went into the sauna situated on the decking while I stayed to soak up the sun, saunas are too hot for me.

At 6pm Kath and I went into the treatment rooms for our pampering, I went for a back massage which was heavenly, so relaxing.  After we came out Tania went in for her treatment whilst Kath and I relaxed on the loungers on the deck again. Swallows were swooping and diving in the blue sky above, this had been the best evening weather-wise for ages, we were so lucky!

After Tania came out from her treatment the staff got our drinks and appetisers ready and we went into the reception area to have them. I thought it would only be a little snack, but we had a plate of salmon and cream cheese, tuna and ham sandwiches, 3 mini kebabs, 3 mini quiches, 3 small pieces each of millionaires shortcake and sponge cake and strawberries. I had a glass of red wine and the others had a whole bottle of buck's fizz between them - which I helped them finish as I was the only one not driving!

The evening was £31 in all which I think was well worth it and I'm sure we'll be doing it again! Full details of what's on a High Head Sculpture Valley can be found at this link: http://highheadsculpturevalley.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment