Wednesday 20 June 2012

Two Inspirational People.....

The Dalai Lama and Aung San Suu Kyi - who both happened to be in the UK - had a private meeting in London yesterday. The Dalai Lama has often campaigned for her release over the years.  I once had the pleasure of attending an event at a Buddhist temple not far from where I live where the Dalai Lama spoke.  He was charismatic, wise, gentle, calm and also very funny with a laugh that makes you laugh too, I just knew I was in the presence of someone special, but he was also very human.  And of course I have great respect for Aung San Suu Kyi as well who has given up so much for her beliefs. This is a lovely photo of two of the most inspirational people alive.

The Dalai Lama and Aung San Suu Kyi in London
 Photo/Jeremy Russell/OHHDL



No comments:

Post a Comment