Monday 3 March 2008

Spring is Here!

Just come back from a long walk with my dog Max. It's a gorgeous day and it felt good to be in the fresh air and sunshine. Though we may still get some nippy days I know they won't last long, Spring is definitely here and well ahead of itself, as has been normal for the past few years. The cheery daffodils are well out, the first pink blossom blooming, buds on trees and scrubs are ready to burst open and even the grass is growing!

As I walked, I was aware of the birdsong everywhere as they heralded the Spring and started looking for mates. Everything felt so alive and vibrant. I always find this a very optimistic time of year, all about the amazing rebirth of nature and the resultant hope and energy that gives us. We'll get into our gardens again, maybe decorate the house and make plans for our year. So, I think I should go out into the garden and do my first grass mowing of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,

    your words sum it all up very nicely. Just like I feel myself in springtime. :-)

    All the best,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy! Farewell to the Winter!

    ReplyDelete